Companies in the aerospace, defence and maritime sectors face high risk on a daily basis. Regester Larkin by Deloitte helps its clients predict, prepare for and manage these risks.
The aerospace, defence and maritime sectors face common challenges. All three sectors attract controversy and challenge in their everyday business: issues such as the use of unmanned aerial vehicles, shipping emissions, and relationships with government customers; risks such as cyber security, geopolitical instability and piracy. And the danger of a catastrophic incident – which could damage commercial, financial and reputational interests if not well-managed – is ever present.
We understand the unique challenges that companies in these sectors face, both operationally and in terms of their reputation. We have helped many clients ensure they are as prepared as possible to make, operationalise and communicate decisions at the strategic level in the event of an incident, and we have supported when the worst happens. We have assisted companies as they predict and resolve longer term issues which present opportunities or threaten their business and license to operate.
Representative assignments include:
- Providing reputation due diligence to a Middle East aerospace company prior to an acquisition in Europe
- Advising a shipping company on its position during International Maritime Organisation discussions regarding proposed changes to shipping emissions regulations
- Carried out a detailed cyber-preparedness assessment for a FTSE 100 business and helped them develop a cyber response structure and incident response plan at a corporate and operating company level. This was done via a series of workshops that allowed the organization first to learn and then test the response.
- Helping a global aerospace and defence contractor enhance its strategic crisis management capability and bring a culture of crisis and reputation management into the senior executive team through changes to plans and policies and delivering crisis training and exercises
- Supporting a UK airport during the rebuilding of its communication function following an acquisition
- Advised an international shipping company on its communication response following the grounding of an oil tanker in sensitive waters. We helped develop key messages, communication materials and stakeholder engagement.
- Delivering crisis management training for the executive team of an international defence contractor, bringing a culture of crisis and reputation management into decision-making at senior levels
- Following a fatal aviation crash a team of consultants worked with the operating company to manage its strategic and communication response
- Undertaking a post-crisis review and delivering a full crisis preparedness programme for an international airport
- Working with an aerospace company to ensure a consistent approach to crisis management at a Group level and across more than ten of its operating companies globally